I don’t know about you, but I love noodles in all forms: stir fry, in Asian soups, curry, ramen…everything with noodles please! And now I’m sharing with you a very simple mushroom tofu stir fry noodles recipe.
In this paragraph you’ll find general information about the main ingredients, their role and possible substitutes. Details about quantities and step-by-step preparation can be found in the recipe card at the end of the article.
- ginger, garlic & onion
- soy sauce – as mentioned in previous posts, in the restaurants in China, there are no salt and pepper recipients on the tables, only small bottles with soy sauce and hot sauces; if you like Asian food, it should be a must in your pantry; you can replace it with tamari or coconut amino;
- sweetener – in general, all Asian dishes have a small quantity of sugar; I prefer using agave syrup;
- hot sauce – I used sriracha, but feel free to replace it with your favorite spicy sauce;
- noodles – I used rice noodles, but any noodles you have will work fine;
- oil – you’ll get the best flavor when using roasted sesame seeds oil or peanut oil; if you don’t have any of these two, make sure you’re using a type of oil with high burning point, considering you’ll need to use high heat.
How to make mushroom tofu stir fry noodles
When you’re making stir fry noodles, it’s really important you have all ingredients prepared and at hand. Why? Because they have to be cooked over high heat and the cooking time is quite short.
So, start with preparing the sauce. All you need to do is put all ingredients in a small bowl, combine well, and then set aside.
Next, take care of the noodles. If you’re using rice noodles (as I did), fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat, add the noodles and stir to separate. Leave the noodles in hot water for 3-4 minutes until they soften. Then drain and rinse well to prevent the noodles from sticking together and to interrupt the cooking process.
I like fried tofu so I sliced it then fried on both sides. When the tofu slices turn golden and get a bit crispy on the sides remove from the pan / wok and set aside.
In the meantime, you can prepare the veggies. I chose Champignon mushrooms for this recipe so it was pretty easy. Just cut and sliced them. Then chopped the green onions, separated the whites from the greens and minced garlic and ginger.
When all ingredients are prepared, heat a large pan / wok and add oil. When it’s hot, add garlic and ginger and cook over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the sauce, a bit of water and the onion whites. Cook for 1 minute over high heat, then add noodles, tofu and green onion. Add more water if needed. Stir until all noodles are covered in sauce and cook over high heat for maximum 1 minute.
Turn off the heat, transfer the noodles into serving bowls and enjoy!
Other Asian recipes you might like
If you like this mushroom stir fry noodles recipe, please rate it or leave a comment below; I’d love to know your feedback ????. And, if you prepare these vegan noodles, you can post a photo and tag Choose Tasty either on Instagram, or on Facebook.
Mushroom Tofu Stir Fry Noodles | Simple Recipe
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce) or to taste
- 1 tsp cornstarch
Stir fry ingredients
- 2+2 tbsp sesame oil
- 200 g firm tofu
- 200 g Champignon mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 ginger knob (2-3 cm)
- 200 g rice noodles
- 200 ml water
- 1 spring onion use only the greens
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- place all sauce ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine well; set aside;
- Prepare the rice noodles according to package instructions; when they're almost done, transfer to a sieve, run under cold water and set aside;
- Slice the mushrooms, chop the spring onion, grate ginger and garlic;
- Press the tofu block to remove as much water as possible; heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a pan then fry the tofu slices until golden and crispy; remove tofu from the pan and set aside;
- Heat the rest of the oil and fry ginger and garlic over medium heat for about 1 minute; stir continuously to prevent burning;
- Add the sauce, stir for a few seconds, then add mushrooms and water; cook over high heat for about 1 minute; stir from time to time;
- Add noodles, tofu and spring onion; stir well until all noodles are covered in sauce; cook for 1 minute and add a bit more water, if needed; stir from time to time;
- Turn off the heat and transfer into serving bowls; sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy!