If you’re craving for a chocolate treat but you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen, this no-bake vegan chocolate pie is for you! You’ll only need 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of your precious time to prepare it! Sounds good, right?!
What I love about this dessert, apart from easy preparation, is the creamy, rich and smooth filling. Believe me, your non-vegan friends won’t even think it’s dairy free! And that’s entirely due to the silken tofu I included in the recipe. Because.. you know…silken! And don’t worry, your pie won’t taste anything like tofu.
How to make a no-bake vegan chocolate pie
You’ll find details about ingredients and corresponding quantities in the recipe card at the end of this article.
To prepare the crust, use a food processor to grind the Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. No need to remove the cream filling. Stir in the melted vegan butter and process until combined. Then place the mixture into a 18 cm cake pan and spread into an even layer over the bottom and sides (2-3 cm). Press the mixture with the bottom of a glass to make sure you’ll get a compact crust. Place the crust into the fridge for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the vegan chocolate over a bain marie, then allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Place the melted chocolate with silken tofu and the sweetener (if using) into a blender and process until creamy and smooth. I added a bit of rice syrup which I prefer to other liquid sweeteners, as it’s a bit thicker.
Place the filling over the Oreo crust and spread it into an even layer. Then allow the tart to set into the fridge for about 2 hours. The filling will firm up while cooling.
Decorate the pie as you wish. You can make some chocolate curls or just grate it. You can also use cocoa nibs, coconut whipping cream or even sea salt if you’re into this combination.
Other vegan dessert recipes
- No-bake vegan strawberry tart
- No-bake avocado lime tart
- Vegan lemon bars
- Vegan pumpkin coconut pie
- No-bake vegan cheesecake with berry topping
If you like this no-bake vegan chocolate pie recipe, please rate it or leave a comment below; I’d love to know your feedback. And, if you prepare this chocolate tart, you can share a photo and tag Choose Tasty either on Instagram, or on Facebook.
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Pie | With Silken Tofu
- 300 g Oreo cookies about 28 cookies
- 60 g melted vegan butter
- 340 g silken tofu
- 300 g vegan chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp rice syrup or other sweetener
- Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor and grind into fine crumbs; add melted vegan butter and combine well;
- Put the mixture into a 18 cm cake pan and spread into an even layer on the bottom and sides; press well so that you get a very compact crust; place the crust into the fridge for 30 minutes to set;
- Melt the vegan chocolate over a bain marie, then allow it to cool for a few minutes;
- Add the filling ingredients to a blender and process until creamy and smooth;
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread into an even layer; put into the fridge for 2 hours to firm up;
- Decorate with chocolate curls, chocolate nibs or coconut whipped cream and enjoy!